Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2005

Pure as the driven snow

For a number of winters, I have been promising myself to get back on my skis. To be exact, 19 winters. The procrastination stems for an incident that occurred at my first attempt to downhill ski. On that bunny slope, I failed to stop and crashed into a sign post. I didn't damage vital organs or break any bones. I did cut my lower lip. The blood splattered on the snow did resemble abattoir art. Needless to say, my parents were most horrified at my post skiing appearance. Imagine Hannibal Lector with gauze instead of wires.

Well all this is now in the past. I got back on those skis today. After some coaching from the ski instructor, I made a run down the bunny slope. And wouldn't you know it, I didn't collide with any object, stationary or moving. Hurrah!

Both my mother and my friend Dessie shared in this small victory.

1 comment:

Tym said...

Congratulations! I'm worse than you --- to scared to try skiing, especially now that it'd be even more embarrassing at our age if I suddenly turned turtle or something.