Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Palancar Reefs of Cozumel

Wow...although I dived many times before, the beauty of the sea never ceases to amaze me. The hues of the coral, the dazzling colour of the marine life and just the pure splendor of the reefs. The ones in Cozumel were made famous by J. Cousteau and are considered second only to the Great Barrier Reef. And what a pleasure to be diving in warm waters. Each day, there were two dives and by noon I was sunny myself with a margarita by the pool or on the beach. Not a bad way to spend your vacation.

There are many wonders in the underwater world. Both great and small. Sometimes when you drift across the reef, your eye catches the tiny creatures dancing the sand...seahorses. Other times, the sea turtles float above your head. Almost half expect them to start speaking like a surfer dude. The other magic of diving is the silence broken occasionally by the sound of your breathing much like Darth Vader. It is also probably the closest I will ever get to experiencing flying. Now that I have returned from this dive trip, it is time to plan the next.

No comments: