Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour 2009

After a week spent running around doing little personal errands from car servicing, to a long overdue vet check up (the creature has lost a miraculous 1.7lbs), I spent this Saturday cooking a Earth Hour dinner for a few friends. Ms. Crowded House is just about due and in fact, this may be the last time I see her in her full maternity glory.

I have to thank my sister for providing a few meal items: the goose foie gras (which I seared) and the duck con fit (which I grilled). This combined with a veggie pot stickers, apple curry chicken breast, green beans and beets completed our candlelight dinner for Earth Hour. Everything was well received including the mulled wine and there were scarcely any leftovers either. As we consumed the special "spring awakening" dessert prepared by Noelly, we talked and talked as old friends often do after a long absence (nearly two months) into the night long after the Earth Hour was done.