Search This Blog

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Amazing Asian

Well it was a long time goal but at last, I have taken a cooking class. Sure, it was for a style of cooking that I knew much of but I did learn a few new tricks. In this case,a recipte for shitake mushroom-nappa-onion pot-stickers (a fried dumpling actually). It was surprisingly easy and definitely delicious!

In the course of about 3.5-4 hours, Ms. Crowded House, her sister, Desi and I cooked up and ate fried dumplings, seared tuna, lobster-shrimp-veggie stir fry and mango-coconut pudding.
The teared tuna "plate dressing" consisting of fresh snow peas shoots, sesame seeds, fried lotus root chips and a sesame oil-lime vinaigrette was certainly the most visually appealing and complemented the seared tuna divinely.

After consuming two glasses of Shiraz and slaving over a hot stove on one of the coldest nights of the year, it was joy to eat the fruits of our labours. Now perhaps, I'll tackle French cuisine.