Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Wii Wii Wonderful

I am not very much of a videogame player. Actually make that I am not a videogame player. I have tried out various systems from X-box to the P3P and Gamecube at various parties but didn't really understand the appeal. Enter Wii.

I receive the console quite by accident after a colleague of mine chanced upon it at the shelves of the local Walmart. She bought the last two units. One was snatched up by yours truely. The other was purchased by another colleague of mine who is equally disinterested in video games (but who has a four year old boy).

What fun was had that evening at the homestead. Bowling, tennis, boxing....all played with the full furor of competition. Even my father got into the action and turns out is quite a wicked Wii bowler.

Drenched in the sweat, massaging my Wii elbows and wrists, I smiled and gazed about the room. I realized that there was a rabid videogame addict in each and everyone of us.